So, Christmas is drawing nearer, as is the end of 2016. I’ve seen so many people who have labelled 2016 as the “Sucky” year. Celebrities dying, elections pulling people apart, so many people becoming violent or ending up a victim of violence. I hate the news lately, because all they do is fill me with terror.
Why do I feel terrified?
- Is it election results?
- Death of a famous person or someone close to me?
- Christmas plans or moving process causing too much stress?
- None of the above.
If you picked (d), you are correct. Then, what is troubling me so?
Answer: What’s in store for my future?
That big question has been hanging over my head for a good number of weeks. If 2016 was as bad as it was, then what does 2017 hold for me? Well, here’s what I’ve decided to do. Below will be a few lists I’m making, both for my peace of mind, as well as for your information.
Stats for 2016 (before this posting on 12/19/2016)::
- 1,181 views on this blog
- 357 visitors to this blog
- 19 Likes on Blog posts
- 25 Followers on Twitter
- 20 sold/freebie copies of The Protektor’s Reality in the hands of new readers
- 13 free short stories downloaded (all off the iBookstore)
- Only 2 new reviews on Amazon of The Protektor’s Reality
- Only 1 patron on Patreon
Things that were horrible in 2016::
- Mono (yes, the illness plagued me for most of the summer)
- Having to see a cardiologist in my early 20’s
- Losing a lot of weight, but gaining 2/3 of it back again…
- Struggling physically from anxiety
- Being so far away from my pucky doggies
Things that were good in 2016::
- Smoky Mountain Writers retreat for another year, and cranked out 38,000 words in 6 days! (Love ya, guys! Can’t wait for February!)
- My first Ravencon AS A WRITER GUEST/PANELIST!
- I celebrated a year of being with my loving Boyfriend.
- I started (and revamped) my Patreon page, in hopes of staying motivated.
- Boyfriend and I took our first vacation together, went to Las Vegas and Arizona to see his Mom (Front row seats to KA, the Cirque de Soilel show!)
- [Last week] Kicked off my new Youtube Channel, ChrissyTalks
Things I hope to accomplish in 2017::
- Stay consistent with my blog
- Upload to my Youtube Channel regularly
- Try and gain more Patrons, reviews, and fans by ‘putting myself out there.’
- Keep writing!
- Ravencon as a Guest/Panelist AGAIN!
- Exercise more and drink more water
- Feel more confident in myself
So, here comes the biggest goal of all.
I WANT TO PUBLISH ANOTHER BOOK!
Unfortunately… I am so in debt that I cannot currently afford to publish one right now. I’m hoping, with ya’lls help, I can raise enough to publish this one, Children of Destiny, which would be the first book in my Trials of Terrara Vikos trilogy, the series that The Protektor’s Reality precedes. In this trilogy, about sixteen years have passed since The Protektor’s Reality, and Lucian has just made the difficult decision to bring his daughters back into the fray. Trouble is, neither of them know about the Realm, as Lucian sent them elsewhere to be protected. Now, with the girls getting slammed with their destinies so suddenly, the tension starts ratcheting up. The Seeker is close, and all the time spent trying to figure out the Seeker’s new identity is coming to a close. However, when the truth is revealed, how will they all decide to react?
I started writing my ToTV saga in 2011, starting with the trilogy (all of which are completed first drafts), with the short stories after, and the most recent being The Protektor’s Reality prequel, published in November 2014. (Two years, yikes!!)
So, I’m posting this here. This was originally supposed to be a surprise for patrons on my Patreon, but I’ll give you readers of my blog the scoop. When you pledge to my Patreon page (even just a dollar), the thank you note for becoming my Patron has a coupon code for Smashwords that will allow you to download The Protektor’s Reality for free in any digital form! How cool is that?!
Also, my first novella for The Chaos Accounts, titled “Accounts of Anxiety”, the saga which is what my Patreon is meant to influence, is well underway. I’m almost half-way through it, maybe just a tad under the halfway point. If you want more details on this writing adventure, or if you (maybe?) want to pledge to get that free ebook, I’m linking to my Patreon [here].
If you don’t have money to spare, DON’T PLEDGE! Like I said above, the debt struggle is real, and I am now twisted into it, so I understand lack of funds. If you can’t pledge, at least share links to my stories or this blog, so maybe the word-of-mouth technique might actually work. You know, hopefully. J
Also, if you are one of the few who has read The Protektor’s Reality from cover-to-cover, PLEASE (and I cannot stress this enough) LEAVE A REVIEW! Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Goodreads, or anywhere else. Reviews are the biggest gift I could be given this holiday.
Below this post is my first video on my new Youtube channel, ChrissyTalks. Oh, and since I know he’s been on this website already, shoutout to Chad at 2nd & Charles. I filmed, edited, and uploaded this below video last Thursday night when I returned home from that store. If you want to know the impact of that trip, watch the video below.
I wish everyone Merry Christmas. Stay safe on the roads, eat a lot of candy and sweets, and enjoy the joy the holidays bring.
Keep Faith, everybody.